Friday 31 August 2012

Drying Tears





In my course books I always read, 70% of the world is covered with water. I use to look at maps, tried measuring the area. I would hold mini globes in my tiny hands and tell my father “the world is in my hands” He use to just smile and pat my head.
Then a time came when I use to associate oceans, seas, and rivers with tears, feelings, love, and compassion. Everything flowed freely for mortals, plants and animals. It was more than enough for all. With the passage of time I realized the world was not in my hands nor was the water. It’s been a long journey from childhood to being an adult.
Now I don’t see the same strength in those waves. Neither the moon smiles cheerfully on beaches. Streams, rivers, lakes etc all are loosing connections. The roar of laughter is no more heard in oceans. I only witness the winters getting bitter of hearts. The language getting harsh by the heat of summers. Borders of flexibility getting rigid. Knots tightening in bonds. Autumn seems the only season existing in combs. Spring feels as if a put up act.
I read once, the level of water has decreased. No doubt left, tears are drying up too…
Saqii

No comments:

Post a Comment