Saturday 8 September 2012

The Lost Key...







A few days ago I went into my den where I was shocked to see how things were all scattered. I decided to clean the place up, but as I was about to do so I heard someone whispering. As I looked around I saw something move behind the bookshelf. There was hardly any space to even fit a finger behind it, but still there were sounds of human whispers.

I being an inquisitive cat not only looked behind it but I also pushed the shelf away. The moment I did so I saw cobwebs getting thicker and spiders with three piece suits scrambling here and there as they had been caught with a crime.
When I saw them I was taken a back. It sure did make me lose my temper, because the servants were being paid for doing the cleaning and yet the things remained untouched.


I tried to remove the webs; they were so thick that I could not see my hands in them. Suddenly I heard those whispers again. I picked up the torch and as soon as I turned it on I saw the most alarming thing. The spiders were talking to Looney Toons; all of them were carrying guns like secret agency people. They were sitting in a circle the way people sit in summits or conferences for talks. As soon as they saw me, they looked down in shame. I was lost for words after a great effort I found my voice and asked them what on earth was going on. They gave me a hard and long stare and then slowly started walking into a small hole in the wall. I asked them to stop, but they would not. Before the last spider crept into the hole, he looked back and rolled a bottle towards me and disappeared.

I picked up the bottle with trembling hands.  It was labeled: "Drink Reality" That was a very strange label to begin with.  I opened the cap; as soon as I did a strange, nasty odor filled the place, as if there was a dead body somewhere nearby. I wanted to close it, but the label kept me hypnotized.  After a lengthy debate between my common sense and my desire for adventure, the latter won. The moment it touched my lips, I felt as though I was being suffocated.  I could barely breathe and then I collapsed.

Don't know till when I was on the floor but when I woke up I had a heavy head. When I looked around everything seemed so humongous. For sometime I was dazed that may be it was due to my heavy head I was feeling like this. But when I saw my reflection in the mirror, I was shocked.   It looked as though I had entered Fairyland. I had shrunk; I was barely two inches.  Suddenly I realized what had happened. I looked around for that same hole where the spiders and Looney Toons disappeared.

On looking around, I found the hole at last. The door was open and had the gleam of gold. I stepped through the doorway. I was shocked at what I saw; I was looking at a signboard which proclaimed:  “Welcome to the world of Harry Potter.”   The place was all foggy; I could not see very far. But with slow and steady steps I moved forward. As I did so I saw heaps of debris everywhere. I wondered at how all this could have happened. My thoughts were distracted by sobbing sounds. As I looked around I saw small children sitting in a circle and looking into a crystal ball, which was showing different faces of women and men.
On seeing the puzzled expressions on my face one child asked me who was I. I did not really have an answer so I just told him your friend. That was the only way, I could know the reason behind there crying.

The child said that no one was their friend here. Everyone was cruel, mean, selfish, blood thirsty and evil. I could not understand why so much of hate was projecting from his tone and eyes. I took the child's hand in mine and asked that what had happened, and why was he saying all that?

He looked at my face and said that his parents had been killed by evil powers. I got further confused by the term evil powers, so I asked him what he meant. He said all these kids had lost their parents due to evil powers. Those cruel and heartless Voldemort, Macbeth, Iago, Madusa, Ursula etc all wanted to take us into their hold, but our ancestors Che Guevara, Bhagat Singh, Faiz Ahmed Faiz etc got killed due to being rebels.

At hearing the story, it suddenly struck me why those Looney Toons and Spiders were horrified. I picked up the youngest child up and kissed his forehead. Explained to them that there are tough times, but they were sent to earth to make a world a better place. So they should be strong or there would be more kids like them in this world. We walked towards the jungle, as we were entering it. I saw a light flickering in a hut. I went up at the door and knocked. After a while, when the door opened, I saw Harry Potter in front of me. I did not know I should be surprised or sad. He was in the most pitiable condition. He invited us all in, served us tea and some cookies. I kept reading his face silently until he had settled in front of me. He could not look me in the eye; I asked why he was in such a condition? He spoke slowly, but with great remorse that he was locked up since a very long time in the hut. On further inquiry I came to know that he was locked up by the Looney Toons, Spiders and the Godlike idols with evil powers. They had warned him that if he tried coming out his land would be destroyed.

On hearing the story I asked him that what he did before being locked up? He said that he used to be the owner of this land. He gave people the brains to think, integrity, power to speak against the right and wrong, taught them morals, and how to be the ideal world. But unfortunately the idols became too powerful. They took over the minds of the people and locked him here. I told him then that your values etc did not vanish; these kids were the off springs of those values. Their parents gave up there lives to keep your words alive. On hearing this Harry Potter had tears in his eyes and he realized he had not actually failed. He asked me how I had come here so I told him my story. I wanted to take him outside. Show him his world, he seemed hesitant, but at last he gave in and got ready to come out with me.

After so many years, Harry Potter was stepping outside he looked excited. The moment he stepped out of the jungle he was taken aback by the holy mess. He collapsed on the ground and started sobbing uncontrollably. I took him in my arms to calm him down. After a while he calmed down and got up. I asked him if he knew where the idols were living, he said yes they lived on the other side of the land that place was called the land of New Order. On hearing the name I said that name sounds familiar. He said yes it was because that’s where all the idols are accumulated, trained, and sent to this part of land. I was wondering what he meant, because his voice had some sarcasm. On the way we saw a big statue on the mountain top. I asked him what was that, before he could answer the kid spoke up. It was Santa Clause who was killed by Loony Toons. I wondered why Santa Claus would be killed. Before I could question Harry Potter, he said that he was in disguise running around the land with his elves. The whole place was in a mess due to them. He was created by the idols to take over this land and once they were successful they killed him. Since then his statue has been placed here to remind us.

I bowed my head and walked behind Harry Potter. All of a sudden it struck me I was heading the same way I had come from. I asked him where we were going; this is the same place from where I had come from. Without looking back he said yes it was the same path. On reaching the golden door he asked me that did I know what that colour meant. When I shook my head, he asked me to look at the other side of the door. As I did so all that I could see was black colour and something was engraved in it. The language seemed strange to me. On asking the others what that meant they just stared at me with an expression of remorse and vibes of hate were being emitted from them.

I took off the bag from my shoulder, looked for my digital dictionary. When I pulled it out, an expression of horror, swept across the faces of the kids. I explained to them what it was, but they were not satisfied. I looked towards Harry Potter for help, but he just looked at me and whispered "evil powers". With a frown on my face I told him NO, then I typed the scripture on the key pad of the dictionary. After a second the words flashed on screen "Digest Reality" on seeing the words I spoke them out loud and asked what that meant?

After a pause, Harry spoke that the door is a symbol of double faced people. The golden colour depicted that everything that glittered was not gold and the black colour meant that evil existed in the world. I told him that I could not understand what he was trying to say. He smiled and said that how would you because you did not belong in this world. You belonged to the land of New Order. It existed on the other side of the door. Where you all breed those Idols and adorn them with evil powers to be used on angels, fairies and children. Your people did not even spare the pets. We were not the only ones in danger; those poor fellows who can’t even speak for themselves were brutally killed by the evil spells too. Don’t you people have a heart? Even thou we don’t possess those powers yet we have hearts that are stronger than your powers. You never lose your families like a pack of cards flying away by the winds. You don’t even have the hearts to see your own blood in a needle but our blood flows like an ocean. What was our fault, we got raped, died hungry, got tortured and even got blamed by those Godlike Idols but who should we complain too? No one is there to listen to us. What we get to hear is, kill them.

If we try following what you do on the other side we are labeled as hooligans, animals of the jungle. Why? Is it not your proverb Tit For Tat?

All of a sudden he calmed down. Held me by the shoulders when he saw tears in my eyes he said, he knew that I was like those parents who gave up their lives in a struggle like rebels, I was emitting those vibes. But my dear you are in a world were New Orders are made on their own will and going against them is more or less suicide. After a pause, he put his hand in his pocket and pulled out a pouch with a label on it "Justice and Humanity" He said whenever you are in a situation where those Idols are doing wrong and you can’t do anything sprinkle this, it will work miracles.

I did not know what had happened to me, I was silent, shocked and above all ashamed. Yes I was ashamed that I belonged not to the land of New Order, but the land of Cannibals.

I bid farewell to all and I promised Harry Potter that I would remember what he had told me. As soon as I stepped across the door I felt dizzy for a second and dropped unconscious. I was woken up by the sounds in the den. As I opened my eyes I saw familiar faces all calling out my name. I woke up and said that I was alright, but a small child said we were all looking for you. I said I was with the humans. The child said that we all were here, I slowly got up and before I left the room I said no dear we are cannibals.....
Saqii

7 comments:

  1. wonderful....atlast u have wrote it down....a good work and a thoughtful moment for cannibals.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You :) I had too :) No option left :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. bohaat aalaa PMJ
    PMJ in Wonder land where all is not well.....
    gr8 piece of writing keep it up don't let die these skill or u will b the food of other "cannibal"........................
    LONG LIVE SAQII

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice Description,too long novel like razia butt:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, bht aala :)! Alhumdolillah, u r such a great writer, MashaAllah well done, :)! Pakistan needs you <3 <3

    ReplyDelete