Sunday 9 September 2012

Raining Martyrs





Some incidents last in your memories forever. They may be buried in the back of our minds but would rise again if aroused. Even though I can recall many events which are embedded within me. But one particular mishap always stands out in my memory when it rains.
It was an unfortunate day for the soldiers of Pakistan in Siachin. While they were a sleep, they were swept away by a glacier sliding. All of them disappeared in the middle of the night. All martyred.
When I heard about the news, was deeply shocked. But as a common ritual got on with my life. After about two days it rained. Instantly my mind went back to the incident that took place earlier.
Some how I could link the rain drops with the frozen bodies of the soldiers. Because people were unable to pull them out due to lack of facilities. Even the Media was not fair enough to give proper coverage or respect to them.
I could not let go of those feelings. To this day whenever it rains, it reminds me of them. Who defended this land but we could do nothing for them in return.
Buried in snow. Evaporated. Formed into rain. Mixed in sand.A true Martyr.

1 comment:

  1. great........u can at least keep their torch 'ON'....!!!thats what they dared to offer their lives for Pakistan...!!!n lots of them r waiting in Que......!!!

    ReplyDelete